Disability Standards for Education for education leaders
This course is designed to help you, as an education leader, to uphold your legal obligations under the Disability Discrimination Act 1992 (DDA) and the Disability Standards for Education 2005 (the Standards). These obligations focus on providing fair access to education for students with disability. The course may also assist classroom teachers with leadership roles in areas of the curriculum.
As you will discover by doing this course, Australians with disability still face considerable barriers, many of which begin at school. In your leadership role as a principal, deputy principal or assistant principal, you can make a huge difference. Your positive attitude and actions towards students with disability can set a high standard for your whole community.
eight free lessons.
30 mins per lesson.
Work at your own pace.
certificate of completion.
What's in this course?
This course contains eight 30-minute lessons divided into two parts.
- Part 1 contains core content, essential to understanding the Disability Standards for Education 2005 (the Standards) (1.5 hours).
- Part 2 explores how the Standards apply across different aspects of a student's educational experience (3 hours).
A certificate of completion is awarded for each part. You must pass the assessments for every lesson contained within a part.
You can complete the topics at any time, as your progress will be recorded and saved automatically. If you exit the webpage, you can return and resume the course from the most recently accessed lesson or topic.
This course addresses Standard descriptors 4.4.2 and 7.2.2 of the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers.
NSW Department of Education have a preference to deliver these courses through MyPL for ease of Professional Development hours transfer to NESA. We urge all NSW government sector teachers to exit this portal and complete the learning using MyPL.
You need to register or sign in to access e-learning modules across the portal.
Part 1: Disability Standards for Education for education leaders
Part 2: Disability Standards for Education For education leaders
- Lesson 4 Lesson 4: Standards for enrolment Sign in to start
- Lesson 5 Lesson 5: Standards for participation Sign in to start
- Lesson 6 Lesson 6: Standards for curriculum development, accreditation and delivery Sign in to start
- Lesson 7 Lesson 7: Standards for student support services Sign in to start
- Lesson 8 Lesson 8: Standards for harassment and victimisation Sign in to start
- mail Email
BookmarkThis bookmark has been added to your bookmarks. Did you know you can organise your bookmarks into separate lists when you are signed in? Sign in or register